Sunday, December 11, 2011

Sick but Healthy

Had to put my rides on hold this weekend. I have a cold and sore throat. Nevertheless, I'm going to try my typical 50 mile ride to Beals Point with my friend Trev. I hope that I'm not too slow, but know I won't be able to do my typical time. If I can average 15 mph and do it in 3.5 hours, I'll be pretty happy.

Last night was Davey's birthday, and we ate lots of rich, expensive food and drank rich, expensive alcohol. So I need to burn those calories off!!

Speaking of healthy, I'm very pleased that, though I've been slacking a tiny bit on my training (doing only about 110 miles per week), I've not gained any weight and hover at about 173 lbs. My goal by the end of winter is to lose another 10 lbs. I hope that weighing about 160 will help my speed and overall fitness.

But today is all about having a nice ride with a friend, and burning a few unneeded calories.

See you on the trail!

No comments:

Post a Comment