Monday, June 4, 2012

Day 2 From Hell

First, the good news I completed all 109 miles with no mishaps (though Jon almost ran me over). Only about 400 riders finished today. That's the bad news. Though it wasn't that cold (low 60s all day) the winds were a good 30 mph. Red Cross had to sag in hundreds of riders. Many people had hypothermia. Will get the details tonight after dinner.

Shortly after we had lunch in San Geronimo we left because it was too cold to hang around. If we hadn't, we wouldn't have been able to complete the day.

This was my most challenging ride ever. Some kick ass tail winds though. I had an average time of 16 mph. But the head- and cross- winds were killer.

And the rain! Not in sheets or anything, but just sporadic enough to really drench you.

Just learned that most of my team made it back too!

All in all a great day!

Sent from my iPhone.

1 comment: